When you install a commercial HVAC unit, you want the system to last for a lifetime. With the proper maintenance, it can! Routine maintenance can increase your unit’s lifespan, increase its efficiency, and even lower your energy consumption.
Each commercial HVAC unit is unique and requires specific care, but there are some general preventative care that every system needs.
- Routine Maintenance for Outdoor Components:
- Clear condensate lines of obstructions
- Clear drain pan of obstructions
- Inspect and clean coils
- Inspect and lubricate both the fan motor and its blades
- Inspect compressor
- Inspect the control box, as well as its switches, wiring, and safety controls
- Measure and recharge refrigerant level, if necessary
- Routine Maintenance for Indoor Components:
- Check and clean blower assembly
- Check and tighten the control box, including its wiring and connections
- Check dust system
- Check flue system for general wear and tear, including dislocations
- Clean and clear evaporator coil, drip pan, and condensate lines
- Clean ignition system
- Clean the combustion blower housing
- Inspect and clean burner assembly
- Inspect heat exchanger
- Lubricate or replace belts
- Replace or clean air filter
- Test safety controls
Air filters are crucial to keeping cool air circling properly around your commercial business. Restricted airflow can hinder performance and even increase your business’s energy consumption. In fact, running your commercial HVAC unit with a clean air filter can lower your energy consumption by 15 percent. Air filters should be changed monthly to ensure that it has not become clogged with debris.
When performing a system check, you want to check two main things: your thermostat and the drip pan and drain lines. Double check that the thermostat is functioning to prevent costly bills, and check the drip pan and drain lines to ensure that they are clear of clogs. Clogs can cause moisture to build up in the system, which can encourage the growth of mold and mildew. System checks should be performed monthly.
Proper maintenance can help your commercial HVAC unit operate efficiently, lower your energy consumption, and lengthen the lifespan of your unit. If it seems time-consuming, don’t worry. At All Temp, we can provide regular maintenance, as well as repairs. To learn more about our AC services available in Kissimmee, give us a call at (407) 857-7800.